What is HR Certification?
HR certification is a career-long commitment that shows your peers, your employees and your organization that you have mastered the core HR principles and that you are dedicated to staying current in your profession.
HR Certification Sets You Apart/Earning HR Certification
- makes your résumé stand out from other job applicants. One out of two recruiters prefer those with HR certification
- earns recognition from your organization. Business leaders find HR certified professionals to be more self-motivated
- connects you to an elite network of motivated HR professionals around the globe. More than 108,000 certified HR professionals work in more than 70 countries and territories
How do I get Certified?
Certifications are offered through the Human Resources Certification Institute (HRCI). They offer exams twice per year: May-June or December-January
How do I prepare for the Exam?
SHRM-Atlanta’s Fall Certification Review Course is being offered starting in July. This is a proven way to get you prepared to take the Certification Exam.
Date of the Course: July 20, 2011 Orientation; July 27, August 3, 10, 17, 24, 31 (Confirmed dates); September 7, 14, 21, 28 and October 5 (Tentative dates)
Time: 6:00pm – 9:00pm
Location: Mercer University, Trustees Dining Room, 3001 Mercer University Drive, Atlanta, GA 30341
Pricing: $1200 for SHRM-Atlanta members and $1300 for nonmembers (includes 12 month membership in SHRM-Atlanta). Register and make payment for the SHRM-Atlanta Certification Review Course by July 13, 2011.
We are pleased to announce Charles Craig and Cathy Martin as our instructors for the Fall course!
- Charles Craig, SPHR, GPHR, MBA has twenty years of human resources management experience in manufacturing.
- Cathy Missildine-Martin, SPHR, has extensive experience in many areas of strategic Human Resources Management.
An additional benefit of the classroom structure is that it allows you to ask questions and get the input from the instructors and fellow HR Professionals.
Questions/information regarding the SHRM-Atlanta Review Course should be directed to: 404-442-7335 or visit our Web site at www.shrmatlanta.org. Cancellations must be received by July 6, 2011 ($75 cancellation fee). No refunds will be granted after this date.
Please Note: The SHRM-Atlanta Certification Review Course does NOT include Examination fees. You must qualify, register and pay for the examination separately through HR Certification Institute (1-866-898-HRCI or www.hrci.org).
How many certifications are offered?
What are eligibility requirements?
- PHR exam, registrants must have 1 year demonstrated professional HR experience and a Master’s degree or higher, or 2 years demonstrated professional HR experience and a Bachelor’s degree, or 4 years demonstrated professional HR experience.
- SPHR exam, registrants must have 4 years of demonstrated professional HR experience with a Master’s degree or higher, or 5 years of demonstrated professional HR experience with a Bachelor’s degree, or 7 years of demonstrated professional HR experience with less than a Bachelor’s degree.
- GPHR exam, registrants must have 2 years of demonstrated global professional HR experience with a Master’s degree or higher , or 3 years of demonstrated professional HR experience (with 2 of the 3 being global HR experience) with a Bachelor’s degree, or 4 years of demonstrated professional HR experience (with 2 of the 4 being global HR experience) with less than a Bachelor’s degree
When are the next exams offered?
- PHR/SPHR Dec. 1, 2011-Jan. 31, 2012
- GPHR/CA Dec. 1-31, 2011
There is also a SHRM-Atlanta certification review course offered in the Spring of each year to prepare you for the May-June testing timeframe.
How much is the Certification Exam?
Price PHR $300; SPHR/GPHR $425
SHRM Member Price PHR $250; SPHR/GPHR $375
How do I get more information about SHRM Certifications?
Go to the HRCI website at www.HRCI.org.
Hear the benefits of this class directly from a past participant in the SHRM-Atlanta Certification Review Course
“I was in your class to prepare for the PHR exam this Spring. I just took my test yesterday and I passed!!! I wouldn’t have been able to do this without your guidance and special notes!” -Lynne (Spring 2010 Participant)