I am very excited about the upcoming year at SHRM-Atlanta! We have many exciting initiatives and programming coming to our members this year. I would like to talk about the Member Relations team as I head up that area for SHRM-Atlanta.
This year we want to make sure that the experience as a SHRM-Atlanta member is exceptional. We want our members to be connected and engaged with our Chapter.
Below are a few items the Member Relations Team will be working on this coming year:
1. Continuous procurement of member benefits such as Georgia Aquarium tickets, Staples Discounts and membership to various Credit Unions.
2. Revamp the volunteer experience by streamlining the process to match roles and members. Also, we will be documenting recurring roles and add special project roles giving the membership a variety of ways to engage.
3. Continue the Ambassador program making sure our new members have a SHRM-Atlanta member that can guide them through our Chapter.
4. Enhance new member orientation to better reflect the member experience.
5. Offer job seeker tools and resources through Career Connections and HR Helping HR.
6. Complete Succession plans for the leadership of SHRM-Atlanta so that our new members understand what is required to be on the leadership team.
My team looks forward to serving you in 2011.
Cathy Missildine-Martin, SPHR